BlueHost came into action in the year 2003 and today it is one of the leading web hosting brands worldwide. It is a Utah-based company owned by Endurance International Group. We will try to cover all the interesting facts in this BlueHost review article.
An interesting fact about Endurance International Group, they are the brand that has sponsored many other hosting names such as iPage, Hostgator, Domain.com, SiteBuilder.com and much more.
Currently, BlueHost is powering more than 2 million websites and the reason why people are so crazy about this brand is that it is inexpensive and offers plenty of shared hosting plans.
The growth of BlueHost is evident as all the major review websites and forums are jammed with positive reviews about this company.
Just like other mainstream hosting brands, BlueHost is also loaded with amazing features and the costing is done very wisely.
In the niche of shared hosting, the basic plan can offer 5 email accounts with 100 MB storage space each and 50 GB of website space.
You also get a free domain, free website builder, single click WP installation and even integrated Cloudflare.
BlueHost Review: – Web hosting Service Galore
It has been more than a decade since BlueHost has been in the game. In all these years, this brand has been very carefully tailoring their services and accumulating fame among customers.
They have retained the prices of their services which makes them more popular among customers.
Other reasons for why BlueHost enjoy such adoration from its wide-spread clientele globally are the user-friendly signup process and matchless customer care. The services that are offered by BlueHost are-
- VPS Hosting
- Window Reseller Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- Windows Hosting
- Linux Hosting
- Linux Reseller Hosting
- Dedicated Servers
Other Features of BlueHost that are truly making the market for this company-
- Unlimited Bandwidth & Email Accounts
- Unlimited Domains & Hosting Space
- 99.99% Uptime
- Single Click WP Installation
- Feature-rich Control Panel
- Secure FTP Access
- 24 GB RAM
- 24 x 7 Customer Care
- Money-Back Guarantee in 30 Days
- Free DNS Management
- Advanced Optimization for e-commerce hosting and emails
- PHP 5.3x, 5.4x, Perl, Python, Apache 2.2x, MySQL 5, RoR, GD, cURL, mcrypt, CGI, etc. programming support
- Dual Quad-Core XEON Powered Servers
BlueHost Review: – Web Hosting Plans.
Based on your needs, you can discover plenty of hosting choices available at BlueHost. From a business owner to an individual who is looking for a fully functional website, BlueHost is the answer to all your prayers.
For its shared hosting, there are mainly three plans namely Basic, Plus, and Prime. They offer 36 months subscription. The features offered here are remarkable and you can get started with as minimum as $2.95.
There are virtual private servers and dedicated servers also available in your service.
Let’s go through Blue Host shared web hosting plans in detail.
BlueHost Review: – Shared web hosting plans
There are three shared hosting plans offered by Blue Host, namely Basic, Plus and Prime.
Basic shared web hosting plan.
With BlueHost “Basic” shared web hosting plan, you can host one website, along with 5 parked domains.
With a Basic web hosting plan, Blue Host offers a free domain name, though we prefer to purchase a domain name separately from another register to avoid high renewal prices later.
But, you can opt for a free domain along with the BlueHost web hosting plan so that you can easily manage everything using a single account, later you can transfer your domain to another domain registrant.
You will get 50GB storage and unlimited bandwidth with Basic, ideally, 50GB storage is more than enough for any kind of website.
But, you can configure only 5 email accounts with the Basic shared web hosting plan, if are trying to host personal or small business website then most likely you would be fine with email accounts too.
Basic web hosting plan cost you $5.45/month if you choose a 1-year subscription, $4.95 for a 24-month subscription and $3.95 if you choose a 36 or 60-month subscription.
BlueHost’s Basic web hosting plan is suitable to host a single personal or small business website, for a single website Basic web hosting plan offers enough resources so you never need to migrate your website to other web hosting plans.
BlueHost Review: – Plus Shared web hosting plan.
If you are trying to host more than one website, then you need Blue Host ‘Plus’ shared web hosting plan, with this plan you should be able to host unlimited websites.
BlueHost offers unlimited resources with its Plus web hosting plan, so theoretically you can utilize unlimited resources using Plus hosting plan.
With Plus web hosting plan, BlueHost offers $200 free marketing credits that can be claimed after sign up.
Plus shared web hosting plan will cost you $5.95/mo if you choose 36 or 60 months subscription, for 24 months and 12 months it costs you $7.45 and $8.95 respectively.
BlueHost Review: – Prime web hosting plan.
The Business Prime Plan shares common features as that of Plus Plan, along with domain privacy and site backup pro to automatically backup your website.
Both Plus and Prime cost you the same for the initial subscription, but renewal prices vary after the first subscription is completed.
Since Prime offers more value for money, you can choose the Prime plan instead of Plus hosting plan.
BlueHost Review: – Pro shared web hosting plan.
As its name suggests Pro web hosting plan is for experts who are looking for dedicated IP along with domain privacy to host their business website, with Pro plan you will get all Prime web hosting plan features plus dedicated IP, SiteBackup Pro, domain privacy along with high-performance server with this plan.
A free domain name is offered with all three plans.
BlueHost Review: – Cloud web hosting services.
Cloud websites work prolifically with shared web hosting. Blue Host has plenty of solutions for cloud sites and the features will simply blow your mind.
There are mainly 3 plans with different features. You can choose between starter, performance or business plan.
Each plan consists of resourceful features such as global CDN, build in caching, unlimited bandwidth, resource scaling, unlimited webspace, domains, and much more.
You can buy these plans with as little as $50 and they go up to $200. The price varies as per the plan selected.
BlueHost Review: – WordPress web hosting services.
BlueHost has amazing plans available for WordPress users. Be it an individual or a business owner, there are plenty of choices available with unbelievable benefits.
There are 4 plans including Standard, Enhanced, Premium, and Ultimate. All the plans are available at a highly affordable beginning price of $19.99. Blue Host delivers the most preeminent performance with its revolutionary VPS platform.
The security of WP sites is also been ensured with SiteLock Security, Advanced CDN, and SiteLock WAF.
BlueHost Review: – How Is BlueHost Better Than The Competitors?
BlueHost has proved itself to be an ideal platform for many website types, be it e-commerce or WordPress.
While all other hosting brands are found struggling to acquire customer attention, BlueHost has been relishing humungous affection by its customers for a long time. So, these are some aspects in which Blue host is better than its competitors:
- Speed- Web users are utterly impatient which makes speed a major concern for the buyers. Blue Host is not slacked in this vertical, unlike its competitors.
- Unlimited Stuff- We have been repeatedly discussing the unlimited features that are offered by BlueHost which include, email accounts, websites, domains, bandwidth, hosting space, etc.
Not all other hosting brands out there in the world are offering unlimited perks.
- Pricing- Considering the expertise and likability of this brand in the market, the prices charged for its service are meager.
The price of their plans has always been the strength of Blue Host and they don’t compromise on the quality at all.
- Support- To help the customers, the support system of any hosting company should be invincible.
Well, BlueHost takes customer service very cautiously. In this aspect as well, Blue Host has been considered better than the competitors.
BlueHost Review: – Pros and Cons of BlueHost
- The price of this brand is something that will lure every eye looking for affordable hosting. You can get a basic plan for as low as $3.95
- So many things are unlimited such as emails, websites, domains, hosting space, etc.
- Other free perks offered are free site builder, instant startup, and free domain name
- You can enjoy round the clock customer support
- 30 Day money back is honored by Blue host for all the unsatisfied customers
- A versatile range of hosting plans to give you more choices such as VPS hosting, reseller hosting, dedicated hosting.
- Easy to access and navigate c-panel with lots of features
- Blue Host offers 99.99% uptime
BlueHost Review: – Disadvantages of BlueHost
- BlueHost has very limited CPU usage such as 10%.
- Reseller accounts are very slow in processing
- They do have affordably priced hosting plans but not the lowest as compared with their peers.
- Some customers have been complaining about experiencing frequent downtime
- Only Linux servers are offered by BlueHost
BlueHost Review: – Conclusion and Recommendations.
Many major points will fascinate you towards BlueHost. But undeniably, certain pitfalls will concern the customers.
It is reasonable since the lowest plan is available for $3.39 each month, which is quite affordable. Standard shared hosting is available for $5.95. So, in terms of affordability, this brand will surely convince you to tie knots with it.
Other than that, the unlimited offerings are also win-win for BlueHost. So, we surely give thumbs up to BlueHost if you wish to associate with a brand name and relish feature-loaded services.
- Unlimited resources in almost all plans.
- Industry-best prices, affordable and cheap plans.
- Excellent support.
- 30-day money-back guarantees.
- The versatile range of web hosting plans.
- Free website builder, free domain name.
- $200 free marketing credits.
- Simple, but feature-rich control panel.
- Linux only web hosting services.
- Custom control panel, so Cpanel users may not like it.
- Occasionally uptime issues.